A new special issue of the International Review of Contemporary Law, IADL’s digital legal journal, has been released on 25 April 2022.
Edited by Evelyn Dürmayer, this special issue marks the one-year commemoration of the passing of Roland Weyl, co-founder of the International Association of Democratic Lawyers, on 20 April 2021. The issue pays tribute to the lifelong work of Monique Picard-Weyl and Roland Weyl, in law, peacebuilding and global justice, as well as addressing personal memories and salutes to both Monique and Roland.
The remarks in this special issue are taken from the IADL’s tribute event for Monique and Roland Weyl. Please click here to watch the video (in English) of this event.
It includes articles in English and French. Walid Okais, Marjorie Cohn and Kathy Johnson participated in editing the issue, and Charlotte Kates laid out the issue. Thank you to France Weyl for the photos of her parents.
See below for links to all articles:
- Biographie de/Biography of Roland Weyl / Vanessa Condaccioni – La Maitron
- Biographie de/Biography of Monique Picard-Weyl / Vanessa Condaccioni – La Maitron
- Books by Roland Weyl and Monique Picard-Weyl
- Welcome Remarks by Marjorie Cohn
- IADL Tribute Invitation by Jan Fermon
- Remarks by Jeanne Mirer, IADL President
- Remarks by Edre Olalia, IADL Transitional President
- Remarks by Evelyn Dürmayer, Editor of the IADL Review
- Intervention de Walid OKAIS
- Remarks by Prof. Osamu Niikura
- Remarks by Jun Sasamato, COLAP President
- Intervention de Maître François KALDOR
- Remarks by Yiannis Rachiotis
- Intervention de Soha Béchara
- Intervention de France WEYL
- Remarks by Madalena Marques dos Santos
- Intervention de Maître Mohamed BENTOUMI
- Remarks of Selçuk Kozağaçlı
- Message of the Korean Democratic Lawyers Association
- Remarks by Jang Kyung Wook
- Remarks by Stephen Joe
- Intervention de D. Marie NASSIF-DEBS
- Intervention de Albert FARHAT
- Intervention de Docteur Hassan JOUNI
- Intervention de résistant Anwar YASSINE