This event was held on Tuesday, 22 March 2022 as part of CSW66. It explored how women’s civil society organizations can bring perpetrators of ecocide to justice; protect grassroots environmental actors; hold governments accountable for implementing existing conventions; and provide women and girls with knowledge and tools to contribute to healthy, sustainable environments.
The virtual event featured speakers:
- Diana Siller – Executive Director at the Environmental Justice and Human Rights organization (JADE A.C.)
- Steven R. Donziger – Lawyer, Journalist and Human Rights Activist
- Jojo Mehta – Founder and Executive Director Stop Ecocide International
- Patricia Madrigal – Environmental Lawyer, former Viceminister of Environment, Costa Rica, 2014-2018, Negotiator of the Escazú Agreement
- Moderator: Emily J. Yozell – Attorney – International Human Rights and Environmental Advocacy
The event was organized by Evelyn Dürmayer of the IADL and the NGO CSW Vienna.