The International Association of Democratic Lawyers organized this Side Event for the 48th session of the UN Human Rights Council, together with a joint project implemented by Queen’s University Belfast, Al Quds University / Community Action Center and Human Rights Clinic, Liverpool John Moores University and Trinity College Dublin.
The main speakers at the event were:
- Michael Lynk – UN Special Rapporteur on the human rights situation in the oPt
- Balakrishnan Rajagopal – UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Adequate Housing
- Munir Nuseibah – Community Action Centre / Al Quds University, Jerusalem
- Alice Panepinto – Queen’s University Belfast
- Triestino Mariniello – Liverpool John Moores University (Member of the Legal Team representing Gaza victims before the ICC)
The event was moderated by Micol Savia, permanent representative of the International Association of Democratic Lawyers to the UN in Geneva.